Working at Harlem Link is challenging but rewarding thanks to the support of a strong team of colleagues and demanding expectations for students and staff members alike. With a rigorous curriculum and high standards for both students and employees, Harlem Link employs a comprehensive hiring process. For all positions, we will seek individuals who embody the Harlem Link Staff Qualities.
Positions for 2013-14
We are now accepting applications for co-teachers and art teachers for the 2013-14 school year! Apply by clicking on the appropriate link below. Co-teacher applicants: You will be able to indicate grade preference within the application.
K-5 Art Teacher
Harlem Link is also seeking an experienced Director of Development to oversee all fundraising activity at the school. Please read the job description by clicking on the link below. Page 6 includes directions on how to apply directly to John G. Clark, Senior Search Consultant of Carney, Sandoe, & Associates.
Director of Development
Teacher Hiring Process
Harlem Link is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Harlem Link to seek and employ the best qualified employee without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age or disability. When faculty positions open, we follow the process below to select prospective teachers:
- We accept the candidate's application, resume, and cover letter online through the link above. We do not accept resumes via fax or post.
- For candidates who meet desired qualifications at this stage, a staff point person conducts an initial interview via phone.
- Candidates who have a successful initial interview are required to teach a demonstration lesson at the school, complete performance tasks, and then debrief with teachers and leadership team members.
- A final interview is usually granted and completed following the demonstration lesson.
Harlem Link Staff Qualities
- Collaboration: Team beats individual when supporting the growth of scholars and citizens!
- Communication: Articulate Scholarship starts with adults who have strong oral and written skills. Also, strong collaboration hinges upon open and honest communication with colleagues and families.
- Critical Thinking: We all need to analyze our practice and contribute ideas and solutions.
- Commitment: Our students will succeed and at times that takes relentless effort to see those results!
- Entrepreneurial Leadership: We are a team of innovative and creative professionals who proactively work towards Harlem Link's vision.
- Constant Learning: We learn from our students, families, colleagues, the Harlem community, and ourselves!
- Community Building: We build community with family, staff, children, and partners in Harlem.