Working at Harlem Link is challenging but rewarding thanks to the support of a strong team of colleagues and demanding expectations for students and staff members alike. With a rigorous curriculum and high standards for both students and employees, Harlem Link employs a comprehensive hiring process. For all positions, we will seek individuals who embody the Harlem Link Staff Qualities.
Positions for 2014-15
Be the Link. Apply now to join our team of educators this school year! Click on the positions below to learn more and apply.
Academic Intervention Services (AIS) Teacher, Grades K and 1
Visual or Performing Arts Teacher
Administrative Secretary We are no longer accepting applications for this position.
School Social Worker, Upper Grades This position has been filled.
Co-Teacher These positions have been filled.
For 2013-14, we hired 5 teachers from among more than 900 applicants! Get to know us by subscribing to our blog, following us on Twitter (@harlemlink) and LinkedIn, liking us on Facebook, and sending inquiries to email@example.com. Due to the volume, we require all candidates to apply online.
Teacher Hiring Process
Harlem Link is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Harlem Link to seek and employ the best qualified employee without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age or disability. When faculty positions open, we follow the process below to select prospective teachers:
- We accept the candidate's application, resume, and cover letter online through the link above. We do not accept resumes via fax or post.
- For candidates who meet desired qualifications at this stage, a staff point person conducts an initial interview via phone.
- Candidates who have a successful initial interview are required to teach a demonstration lesson at the school, complete performance tasks, and then debrief with teachers and leadership team members.
- A final interview is usually granted and completed following the demonstration lesson.
Harlem Link Staff Qualities
- Collaboration: Team beats individual when supporting the growth of scholars and citizens!
- Communication: Articulate Scholarship starts with adults who have strong oral and written skills. Also, strong collaboration hinges upon open and honest communication with colleagues and families.
- Critical Thinking: We all need to analyze our practice and contribute ideas and solutions.
- Commitment: Our students will succeed and at times that takes relentless effort to see those results!
- Entrepreneurial Leadership: We are a team of innovative and creative professionals who proactively work towards Harlem Link's vision.
- Constant Learning: We learn from our students, families, colleagues, the Harlem community, and ourselves!
- Community Building: We build community with family, staff, children, and partners in Harlem.