- About Us
- For Parents
Harlem Link’s Parent Association is an independent organization led by parents of students at the school. The PA works with the school’s Family Coordinator to organize monthly meetings and workshops at the school and to provide resources and communication for parents and other school community members. The PA’s main purpose is to establish and maintain a high level of parent participation in the education of their children. Emphasis is placed on the commitment of parents to be engaged through participation in school events, community outreach, political activism and fundraising. The PA also sponsors a number of special events throughout the school year including fundraisers, outreach efforts and cultural celebrations.
General Parent Association Meetings happen on the first Wednesday of each month. There are two times to attend: 8:15am or 6:00pm. Meeting announcements will always be in the Monthly Announcement Packages.
This year, Harlem Link has parent meetings with each grade from Pre-K through 5th Grade. The goals of these meetings are for families to work together on a special project, activity, or event to help in their child’s classroom communities. Meetings are organized by Class Parent Leaders and Ms. Aviva Buechler, Harlem Link’s Family Coordinator. Meeting announcements will always be in your child’s homework folder.
The Harlem Link Parent Association officers for the 2015-2016 school year are:
Milly Montanez, President
Selina Elias, Vice President
Teneequa Thompson, Secretary
Beverly Carty, Treasurer
Events in 2015-2016
· Thursday, September 17th – Family Social & Snacks
· Thursday, October 1st – Back-to-School Night
· Friday, October 16th – School Reading Celebration
· Tuesday, October 27th – October 29th – Smile NY Dental Cleaning
· Thursday, October 29th–Halloween Party
· Wednesday and Thursday, November 18th and 19th–Parent-Teacher Conferences
· Thursday, December 17th – Winter Festival
· Monday, January 11th – 13th – Smile NY Dental Cleaning
· Thursday, January 21st–Picture Day
· Tuesday, February 2nd –Charter School Advocacy Day in Albany
· Thursday, February 11th -Black History Month Celebration
· Wednesday and Thursday, February 24th and 25th –Parent-Teacher Conferences and NYC Surveys
· Monday, February 22nd– 26th–Scholastic Book Fair
· Friday, March 4th – Read Across America & School Reading Celebration
· Monday, May 2nd– May 6th–Teacher Appreciation Week
· Thursday, June 16th – Pre-K Stepping Up Ceremony
· Tuesday, June 21st – 5th Grade Graduation Ceremony
· Wednesday, June 22nd – Kindergarten Achievement Ceremony
· Wednesday and Thursday, June 22nd and 23rd–Parent-Teacher Conferences
Wednesday, October 7
Wednesday October 28
Wednesday, December 2
Wednesday, January 6
Wednesday, February 3
Wednesday, March 2
Wednesday, April 6
Wednesday, May 4
Wednesday, June 1
Wednesday, October 21
Wednesday, November 4
Wednesday, December 16
Wednesday, January 20
Wednesday, February 10
Wednesday, March 16
Wednesday, April 20
Wednesday, May 18
Wednesday, June 15
Friday, October 30th: Costume Spirit Day
Wear any school appropriate costume, with your regular Harlem Link shoes.
Friday, November 20th: Silly Hat Spirit Day
Wear any school appropriate silly hat, with your regular Harlem Link uniform.
Friday, December 18th: Wacky Sneaker Day
Wear any sneaker you want, with your regular Harlem Link uniform.
Friday, January 29th: Silly Shirt Spirit Day
Wear any school appropriate silly shirt, with your regular Harlem Link pants and shoes.
Friday, February 26th: Superhero Spirit Day
Wear any superhero outfit/costume that is school appropriate, with your regular Harlem Link shoes.
Friday, March 18th: Sports Shirt Spirit Day
Wear any sports shirt that is school appropriate, with your regular Harlem Link pants and shoes.
Friday, April 22nd: Pajama Spirit Day
Wear any pajamas that are school appropriate, with your regular Harlem Link shoes.
Friday, May 28th: Multicolor Clothing Spirit Day
Wear any colored clothing you want, school appropriate, with your regular Harlem Link shoes.
Friday, June 24th: Favorite Clothes Spirit Day
Wear your favorite outfit to school, school appropriate.