Are you the colleague we are looking for?
Working at Harlem Link is challenging but rewarding, thanks to the support of a strong team of colleagues and the demand to give your best for our students and families, alike. With a rigorous curriculum and high standards for both students and employees, Harlem Link employs a comprehensive hiring process.
For all of our community members, relationships matter. If you are someone who leads and learns with a student-centered approach, consider applying today.
For all positions, we seek individuals who subscribe to our school wide mission and beliefs and can demonstrate our team norms through our hiring process.
- We work together to build a safe and respectful community.
- We use our relationships to build trust amongst our team.
- We assume best intentions, communicate directly and empathetically and use inquiry.
- We focus on our work, encourage everyone’s growth and respect the time and work of others.
- We bring our best selves to encourage the best in others.
Our Hiring Process
When faculty positions open, we follow the process below to select prospective teachers. Administrative and support interviews may vary in process, but all positions require an in-person interview and produced work sample.
- We accept the candidate’s application, resume, and cover letter online through the link above.
- We do not accept resumes via fax or post.
- For candidates who meet desired qualifications at this stage, the Hiring Manager of staff point person conducts an initial interview via phone.
- Candidates who have a successful initial interview are required to teach a demonstration lesson at the school, complete performance tasks, and then debrief with teachers and leadership team members.
- A final interview is often granted following a successful demonstration lesson.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking the best qualified employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, or disability.
We act in concert to create and present a harmonious voice and approach.
We communicate and treat one another with respect while always assuming best intentions.
We strive to exemplify the Core Values and model our efforts for children.
We think and act flexibly, and are open to change.
We fulfill our professional responsibilities by: respecting everyone’s time, being prepared, and being focused.
We respectfully hold each other accountable for upholding the team norms, especially in times of disagreement or disharmony.